19 October 2021

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

 Finally.  It was a long six weeks, but I'm home.

Lisa continues to do well.  Her new kidney is working like a champ.  No sign of hepatitis C, happily.  All the things they test for are within normal range.  And, for the first time in decades, she is no longer anemic!  Bonus!  She's still got a lot of follow up.  It is beginning to taper off, though.  She has reached the point where she only has to go in once every two weeks, so that's a huge improvement.  Everything is pointing in the right direction.

Back here in Portland, autumn is in full swing.  Leaves changing color and piling up, temperatures dropping, days very much shorter.  I have loads of stuff to catch up on.  But, it's all the normal stuff and it feels good to be futzing around at home.

My next goal is to get my dad a booster shot, and one for my brother and me.  Dad had Pfizer, I think, so that won't be difficult.  Brother and I had J&J, so we're in a holding pattern.  But, we'll get it done.  I do feel bad about getting a booster when so much of the world hasn't gotten even one shot yet, but I don't want to jeopardize my dad's continued survival. 

What else is going on?  Nothing.  Ahhhhhh......  


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy the bliss of being at home once more!

8thday said...

So happy for Lisa and all who love her. And for you being home and being able to get back into routines, no matter how ho hum they may be. I'm sure Pierre is thrilled.

I got the booster in August, before it was recommended, because I was eligible and also because I was going to the Covid cesspool of Florida. Perhaps I'd feel bad about it if my shot would have actually gone to someone in need elsewhere, but in reality, it would have just expired. Much like when my parents told me to finish my dinner because kids were starving in Africa. If I could have sent it to them, I would have, but I doubt it made any difference to the world if I didn't eat my peas : )

Secret Agent Woman said...

I got my booster a few weeks ago (Pfizer) since it had been 8 months since my second shot. It's ironic that so many of us re willing to get boosters while so many others won't even get the first damned shot.

Middle Girl said...

Yay for being home. Yay for Lisa's continued progress. Yay for boosters. Yay for futzing.