Here’s a little catch up post:
- · The Seahawks won the Super Bowl! But, you knew that already… still, we’re happy! My hair color is slowly washing out. Still quite colorful, though!
- · Remember the old dog we were fostering? Angus? He got adopted! Amazingly, there were three different families that were interested in him and we had to let him go. He is now living downtown in one of the swankiest neighborhoods in Portland. He has a middle-aged dog buddy and two happy humans to keep him company. We haven’t taken on another foster yet, but we will.
- · I have filled the open support staff position (again) in my office and I am sending up a prayer that it is for the last time. We’ll see. Once she gets up to speed, I will be transferring some of my workload to her and scaling back on my hours. I am so excited at the prospect of working less!
- · A friend from childhood is coming to Portland on a college scouting trip with her son. She asked if they could stay. When we were talking about it, I thought the plan was for them to come on Friday and leave on Saturday. So, I said yes. Then she sent me her itinerary. They are coming Thursday and leaving Monday. Who does that?! We haven’t seen each other for many, many years; I’ve never met her son; we have other plans… yikes! T is fuming, of course. I mean, it’s a holiday weekend! We had planned to sleep in! We’ll see how this plays out. There’s little chance that they will get a second invitation. (Am I being too grouchy? Not sure.)
- · I’ve been enjoying the Olympics – despite Bob Costas’ eye issues. But, just like every other time, I take issue with the broadcasting decisions. Why do we only get to see the pretty people, or the sure winners, or just the Americans? And, for crying out loud, why is NBC running infomercials on Saturday instead of showing non-stop games?! Gah!!! If only I were in charge of the broadcast! We would see it ALL!
- · The snow. Ok, I hesitate to add this to the list since all of you live in places that get real winter weather and have been bludgeoned by it this winter. BUT. We had a snow storm in Portland that shut the city down. It was crazy. Kind of fun since it happens so seldom, but also kind of pathetic and aggravating. The snow was followed by an ice storm just to add to the transportation woes, but we are all back at work now and the snow has melted. At least throughout the metro area. Hopefully we got lots in the mountains and it will last. We don’t want to follow California into a drought. I did get my cross country skis out and went around the block. That was fun. Then I went inside and watched the Olympians cross country skiing. Nice juxtaposition, I though. :-)
I think that’s it for now. I’m trying to keep track of stuff and actually post the occasional update.