Wow, I am so bad at blogging! It's a wonder I continue at all. But, here I am, throwing out another message in a bottle. I've got to keep being me, I guess.
Here's a fun thing: I'm going to Chicago to meet some friends, other women that I have met through reading their blogs. Fun! I'm really excited about it and looking forward to some new experiences. I haven't been to Chicago before, I've only changed planes at O'Hare and that doesn't count.
I'll offer a quick summary of the goings on around here.
- Rancher friend came for a visit. We did a lot of shopping for ranch-related needs -- gear, mostly, and a lot of boots for various people. I need to remind her to keep her receipts for taxes.
- The former partner had a bit of an episode with me. I felt uneasy enough to have the locks changed.
- T, the former partner, in an amazing turnaround, has subsequently gotten well over me. She is on a couple of those singles web sites and actually enjoying herself. She's not dating yet. She is pretty firm on just finding a new group of friends. It seems to be working!
- I've had my two best pals and my daughter here for a 'gals birthday'. Three of us have birthdays within a week of each other so April is a frequent visiting month. This time it was my turn to host.
- I'm pretty certain that my friend, Sara, will be a good house/catsitter. Fingers crossed.
So, that's the quick and dirty rundown. One friend is still here. We're getting ready to head over to Costco so I need to get my socks and shoes on.