15 December 2020

December, at last

 It wasn't a sure thing, but we've made it to December.  I'd cheer, but nothing is over yet, not this terrible year, not the terrible pandemic, not the terrible political situation, ETC!  Still, it's December and it feels as if we might make it through.  Somehow.

Ok, that sounds dire.  But, it all feels kind of dire, doesn't it?  You'll get no Pollyanna sentiments from me this time.  

In November, I spent two more weeks down in the Southland rendering aid to my buddy.  She had to go in for yet another surgery.  Talk about a rough year.  Fingers crossed that her health status is stable for a while.  She needs to get her strength back so that she can have a transplant.  

I'm not much in the mood for the winter holiday.  There is just one week left until the Solstice.  I put up some of the seasonal decorations, more out of a feeling of determination rather than cheerful excitement.  I guess it's my 'Fuck you, Virus! You can't take this away from me!' moment.  

Still, a vaccine is coming.  A new president is coming.  There may be other good things on the horizon.  I'm trying to hold the good thought, no matter how difficult.  It's a challenge!

Stay healthy, friends!  Stay in your bubbles, wear your masks, wash your hands.  Strength, resilience, and sheer determination will get us through.  That, and science.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, keep a happy thought! It's all we can do, really. By this time next year, we'll be laughing!

8thday said...

Although the holidays are definitely muted this year, my family has much to be grateful for. And we will all be together - 6 humans (all covid tested) 4 dogs, 3 cats. If I can survive that I figure I can get through anything.

Wishing you and Pierre and your family and friends better times in 2021.



Secret Agent Woman said...

I hope you are well and just taking a break. These are such strange and frightening times, but I'm holding out hope that change is ahead.