30 March 2009

Turning 50

I’m turning 50 next month. A couple of days ago I got a card in the mail from the AARP. Nothing like the AARP to drive home the fact that your youth is long gone!

It’s ok, though, really. I mean, what’s the alternative? Dirt nap. No thanks! Not quite ready for that. I’m feeling good, most days. I’m healthy. I work out. I have a life that gives me both satisfaction and joy. I feel useful, often.

The decade of my 40’s was a great time for me. A lot of the doubt and angst that had plagued my 30’s was gone. I had lived through some rotten times but I had come out the other side.

I’m looking forward to my 50’s. I intend to live well. I am going to stick it out at my main employment, my “day job”, for another five years and then I’ll be done. Done with this phase and onto the next. I am determined to live the life I envision.

1 comment:

weese said...

yay.. go 50!