09 May 2011

I haz a sad...

I know I should be grateful, and I am.  April was the best month I’ve had in a long time.  My daughter was here for 5 weeks and it was fantastic.  It just felt so right to have her back.

But, tomorrow she is leaving.  She is driving back to Des Moines.  I can already feel ‘the sad’ creeping up on me.  This afternoon I will help her gather up all of her stuff, load some of it into the car, and spend some time just being around her.  Tomorrow we will have breakfast together, finish loading the car, and wave goodbye.  Yes, we will both cry. 

She is planning on moving back to Portland in the next year.  I’m holding on to that thought.

4 comments:

8thday said...

Oh crap, that was not the ending I was expecting.

But hang onto the thought that she will most likely return. "In the next year" - that's not so bad - like sending them to college, right? Yeah, I know, it doesn't help. If you can't hug them, gone is gone.

Always here to commisserate with you. . .

Anonymous said...

Yeah, loading a car for a goodbye is a sad thing. Considering how fast a year goes by, she'll be back before you know it. Glad she was with you for the past month and on Mother's day.

Middle Girl said...

yeah, ditto the previous comments.

Anonymous said...

Hugs, my friend.

GG