- Happy New Year! The resolution? Just like everyone else… lose weight. We are trying some new strategies this time, though. One should help: we’ve stopped drinking. We are not drinking alcohol for one month and, when February rolls around we will limit ourselves to weekends only. Sigh. Talk about a sacrifice!
- Besides needing to lose weight and detox, I am also resolving to call my friends more often. My two best friends live in California and I miss them a lot. The phone is a poor substitute but it will have to do.
- Changing up my teaching schedule. I have been teaching kids classes two evenings a week and starting in February I’m going to be teaching a women’s self defense class one afternoon a week. Much as I love the kids, I’m looking forward to the change.
- Changing up my work schedule. My department is undergoing some changes in leadership and I am going to switch from working the early day shift to the “white man” hours, ie: more like 8:00 to 5:00. I am going to position myself to take my manager’s job because, for one thing, I already do the majority of it, and for another thing, he’s a putz and a useless one at that. It will take a fair amount of strategy but I’ve developed some skill in that arena. Wish me luck!
- Also pursuant to the job strategy: new shoes. And clothes. But, I hate shopping and I’m not buying any clothes until I shed some weight. But, I do need some office shoes. Athletic shoes just don’t send the same message.
- Hair cut! For some damned reason I decided to grow out my hair, and specifically my bangs this past year. They are just now to the point where I can tuck them behind my ears so I am almost there. But, I realized that I now have the same haircut as my mom and much as I love her, I don’t want to look like her! I browsed through some awesome styles at dykehaircuts.tumblr.com and I have an appointment on Monday to chop it all off. Nothing too dramatic; I don't want to scare the administration.
· Other than that, my goal for the New Year is to keep doing what I’m doing and love life and the people around me. How about you? Goals, resolutions, dreams?