25 October 2011

In bed

Mum didn't get up today.

Yesterday she got up and made it all the way to the living room, but did so with a ride on the scooter (the walker, or rollator as they like to be called).  Once she got to the living room she fell asleep in the wing chair.  She stayed there until I left, once my pop was up and about.  I went back over in the evening to help get her to the bathroom and then to bed.  And that all went well.

But, today, she's still in bed.  I'm afraid that may mean that she is staying in bed.  Yesterday she said, a couple of times, "I can't do this anymore."  That sounds like she is loosening her grip.

I spent a big chunk of the morning sitting next to her bed, holding her hand.

Not sure where we go from here.  Or if we go anywhere.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

deep breath

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a way to send strength to you.

Just stay with her as much as you can. There is no harm in hoping that tomorrow will be a better day than today.

weese said...

Right - you don't go anywhere...or you go to amazing new places.
You can't go together, but in a way you can.

35jupe said...

As someone who lost my mother very young and with little warning, just spend time with her. That's all you can do.

I'm with you virtually...and wish there was a magic wand of some sort.

weese said...

also... are you're hospice folks there? they can help and guide you a bit to understanding what to expect.

Middle Girl said...

Peace, be still.